Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Neighbor is Moving…

I am kind of sad because I really like him a lot and he is always so kind to me. He is an older gentleman that previously worked in advertising so he has a great sense of humor. He bought his place about 2 ½ years ago, a little less than 6 months after me. I have been in my condo for 3 years as of July. His condo is a 2 bedroom with 2 full baths and an attached garage. My place has 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and an attached garage. He put his place on the market for $155M. It will be interested for to see what his place sells for.

Currently, I value my condo at $150k. I may be undervaluing my place so I will be keeping a close watch and may get to adjust the value of my condo, especially with the upgrades that I completed in February.

As it stands, once I finish with law school, I will have approximately $100k in private student loans and $110k in federal student loans. I am hoping to secure a legal position that will boost my income considerably from my current $55k. After a year or two, I hope to save and pay down as much of my student loan debt as possible, contributing all bonuses, tax returns, and extra funds towards debt repayment. It is my ultimate hope that with the sale of my place in the next 3 years, I will be able to completely pay off my private loans, especially with $60k in equity in my home already. Then I will be left with a federal loan payment of approximately $500, that will decrease to ~ $300/month with the pay-off my new federal grad plus loan and last year of regular federal loans that I will not consolidate due to the inreased interest rate.

Lofty goals? Of course…why settle for less.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great.