Thursday, April 19, 2007

March 2007 Recap...

Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been a little busy winding down my last semester of law school. Just 2 more weeks of class and then it's finals time. Graduation is May 20th. I am so happy!

March and April will mark (hopefully), the final declines in my net worth. I've been paying the last of my bar fees and just today, I paid the last of my trip to Cancun for my sister's wedding. That payment should show up in my next monthly recap.

I got a measly 2% raise this year and decided to put that increase towards the employee share purchase plan. I already contribute 5% to my 401k, which is the maximum amount that my employer matches. Under the employee share purchase plan, employees are able to purchase company stock at a 20% discount. The bank pays for all brokerage and/or administrative fees associated with the purchase and shares are credited to my account within 5 business days following their purchase. Cash dividends are automatically reinvested, less 15% withholding taxes for U.S. residents. I wish that I could really start investing so this gives me a little comfort that I am moving in the right direction.

So, here goes my March recap...


No comments: