Wednesday, April 02, 2008

March 2008 Goals in Review…

Pay off Revolving Credit Card Balance with Tax Return: $2,800

I am in a serious cash crunch to say the least and I have had to pay for a number of unexpected expenses including insurance deductibles and required minimum continuing education. I paid off the previous month’s balance of $2,700 in full but I have a new $2,300 balance to pay off for March. Don’t ask. I don’t know exactly how I am going to pay that balance off in full.

Pay Parents Back with Tax Return: $600

I decided (with my parent’s permission) to pay them back $100 per month. I am going to try to accelerate that payment but I already paid them back $100 in March and I gave my mom a $100 check last weekend for April. They really don’t’ care but it matters to me. I may have enough money in the coffers to pay them back by the end of the month.

Land a New Job and Higher Salary: Min $90k

I landed a new job but not with the $90k salary. I have a new job that I will be started on April 16th with a salary of $67k, up from $55k. I am still looking and posting for more positions at a higher salary. I am hoping to land another position by the end of the summer. This new job is still a step in the right direction and will ease my cash flow crunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that you should get your $600 tax rebate in May. It isn't much but at least you will have a cushion after you pay all those bills.