Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Day 13 Finance & Fitness Challenge....

Good Morning!

My Dad is still in the hospital.  He should be discharged today and will have to go back in 3 weeks for a stress test.  There is a high likelihood that he will need to get a defibrillator and possibly a pacemaker in the next 3-6 months.  It's just been a scary few days. He's on a diuretic to remove the excess fluid that was building in his body and he's feeling much better and breathing easier.  You look at him and he's the picture of a healthy 65 year old man so it's hard to imagine someone with a heart of gold having heart problems.  I know he's looking forward to coming home today.

The last week has been chock full of spending once my phone almost died from accidental drowning and things with my Dad.  I went grocery shopping yesterday to get fruit and staples so that I can try to eat a little better this week. The Chicago Half Marathon is this coming Sunday and while I am nervous, I will show up and do my very best.  I am a little sleepy from being in the ER at the hospital until 4am on Sunday morning. Still trying to get back on schedule. That's all folks.

1 comment:

Scooze said...

Looking for an update - I hope that you are moving forward on all fronts!