Sunday, September 04, 2016

August 2016...

My Net Worth bounced back in August after the car purchase!

My 401k broke the six figure mark for the first time! Yeah! Progress! I continue to contribute 5% to my 401k for the company match. The Bank suspended our pension plan this year and will start to contribute an additional 2% to our 401k for a total of 7%. I enrolled in the 401k program that will automatically increase my personal contribution rate by 1% annually. So next year, I will contribute 6% and the company will contribute 7% for a total of 13% or approximately $16k annually in contributions.

I am still very focused. I also contribute 15% to the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP) where I am able to buy company stock at a 15% discount. By the end of the year, Private Loan #4 and Private Loan #5 will be paid off and my goal is to have at least $30k in savings. What I report below is the stock value at cost but the market value will be close to $29k by the end of September with another quarter left in the year.

I am on track! Things are still up in the air on where I will be living next year. Will I move back to the condo,stay here with my parents or move to Ohio or even Maryland?!?! CJ just took on a sales position in OH and he is doing really well. I am also doing well in Chicago but there is so much violence happening in Chicago that I am more open than ever to relocating. So, we still have to figure out how to get to the same city. I am more flexible and have the ability to work remotely and a boss that is supportive. So, we'll see.

My tenant signed on for another year so I am good to go until August/September of next year. I am so thankful for a good tenant!














4 comments:

Dreamchaser57 said...

Congrats on all your hard-earned progress! Extra proud of you. You have made some tough decisions sacrificing short term convenience for long term prosperity. Your future self definitely will appreciate your diligence. Good to see you posting consistently. I see private loans #s1-3 are paid off. I searched the website to see if I could find where you started from, but I couldn't. Maybe do a recap post providing interest rates, monthly payments, if you snowball. I am a chi town middle class attorney and have about $140k in student loans. I love to know more about your money journey. I have been following you on and off for years. Oooooo....sounds like you have a new beau. Take care!!!!

FAST LOAN OFFER whats-App +918929509036 said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

Dr Purva Pius said...

GENUINE LOAN WITH LOW INTEREST RATE APPLY
Do you need finance to start up your own business or expand your business, Do you need funds to pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us.Email: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

BORROWERS DATA FORM
1)YOUR NAME:_______________
2)YOUR COUNTRY:____________
3)YOUR OCCUPATION:_________
4)YOUR MARITAL STATUS:_____
5)PHONE NUMBER:____________
6)MONTHLY INCOME:__________
7)ADDRESS:_________________
8)PURPOSE:_________________
9)LOAN REQUEST:____________
10)LOAN DURATION:__________
11)CITY/ZIP CODE:__________
12)HAVE YOU APPLIED FOR LOAN BEFORE?

E-mail: (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

BILLIONAIRE said...


Do you need a loan .We are Legitimate and guarantee loan lender. We are a company with financial assistance. We loan funds out to individuals in need of financial assistance, that have a bad credit or in need of money to pay bills, to invest on business. I want to use this medium to inform you that we render reliable beneficiary assistance as We'll be glad to offer you a loan Contact us via Email: carlosfrank070@gmail.com