Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's Blogging Time

First Post

Welcome to Chitowngirl’s blog!

I will use this blog to track my goals of becoming debt free and financially secure. I am somewhat obsessed about finances and have been for years. I currently track my finances with various excel spreadsheets but this blog will be another way for me to document my progress to “Financial Freedom.” Boy do I have a long way to go.

A little about me:

I am a 20-something female that currently resides in Chicago.
I am a full-time worker in the banking industry and part-time law student.
I work every single day to curb unnecessary spending.
I have a very negative net worth but a positive outlook on the future.

I’ve been reading personal financial blogs for a few months and decided to start my own. I was hesitant at first to begin this blog because I thought it might be too premature. I stand to incur additional debt as I complete my final year of school. But on second thought, I believe that this blog will help me to improve my spending habits as I try to stabilize and enhance my net worth.

I will post my financial breakdown soon and/or try to link up to NetworthIQ. I appreciate any and all comments. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read about my financial mess.

7 comments:

Chitown said...

I am trying to figure out this blogging thing. I am so not computer savvy.

Sripathi Ramadurai said...

Welcome! If you need any help with designing your website, please dont hesitate to ask. Ofcourse, its all free to a fellow blogger!

Britt said...

Welcome, and best of luck (with both the debt and the blog!)

Chitown said...

Thank you so much for the welcome! I hope you come back and visit. =)

Anonymous said...

Wow, just look what I stumbled across! Looks like we became pf bloggers around the same time huh? I will be checking with you weekly (if not daily) to see how things are going, as I am planning to head off to law school just as soon as my finances are in order. Keep doin' your thang and all of the best with the blog and law school!

Do you think you could post something about the process of funding law school?-- For instance borrowing money, the importance of credit, and all of that good stuff. I would love to link to it from my blog!

--CollegeGrad

BudgetBoy said...

Welcome! It is good to see a fellow Chicagoan! Definetly looking forward to reading!

Anonymous said...

Just try easystockalerts.com and see..you can customize what kind of news you receive from press releases, insider trades to stories that mention your stock in blogs...so just make money now and sign up for easystockalerts.com