Friday, March 31, 2006

Always Something...

Why is it that now matter how much you budget and try to anticipate expenses, it never seems to work out? That is how I felt this morning as I was writing out a $200 check to reserve my condo complex’s clubhouse. I am the maid of honor in my Best Friend’s wedding in August and I am throwing her a Bridal Shower.

I think that I am going to set aside $1,000 of my savings for any and all upcoming wedding expenses related to throwing the Shower and Bachelorette Party. Then any remaining proceeds will go to pay down my home equity line. I sure hope the rest of the Bridal Party comes through with their financial contribution because otherwise, Chitowngirl is up the creek without a paddle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief, we were in the same boat! Dealing with debt is like going through a 12 step AA program. “Step one recognize you have a problem...” Becoming debt free is like running a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time, but your choice was the table and you have decided to grab it.

You are going to do great! You are changing the financial future of you family forever, and you will be debt free! I am a fan, and I will be checking back in.

Best
Trainwreck

calgirlfinance said...

Wow, it looks like you're off to a great start with your blog. I can already see many similarities between us - being women in our twenties, having a lot of friends gettng married, and loving to eat out. Those wedding costs have a way of adding up (and I'm not just talking about my wedding). Good luck with planning the shower.

undercover vixen said...

hey come back pleeaaaaaaaaaaaase