Thursday, July 27, 2006

July Recap...


Snapshot:

  • Positive change in net worth primarily due to less spending and tuition reimbursement
  • 401k bounced back a little
  • Everyday CC use was paid in full and paid down HELOC/CC by $200
  • Student loan interest is capitalizing and building fast

Looking Forward:

  • Pay off my everyday CC use in full including the vacation I had to cancel
  • Continue to contribute to my 401k
  • Open a Sharebuilder account to take advantage of $50 bonus - Are there any out there?
  • Contribute at least $50/month to Sharebuilder account
  • Open an ING account to take advantage of a referral bonus – Are there any out there?
  • Contribute at least $50/month to ING account.
  • Spend less, smile more, and GET A NEW JOB FOR NEXT YEAR!!!

4 comments:

Single Ma said...

Looks like July may be a good month for all of us. I haven't completed my recap yet, but my 401k is definitely looking a lot better than it did in June.

I think I saw a $30 Sharebuilder bonus in Black Enterprise August issue. I'll check it when I get home and let you know if there was a special code to use. I have ING referrals. If you send me an email, I'll get that to you as well.

Tired of being broke said...

Defintely a good idea to open the ING account. Email me and I can give you a referral.

Am curious for your private student loans, who do you have them with.
I have some private loans with Sallie Mae and it is completely rediculous how high the interest rate is.

Chitown said...

All of my student loans are with Access Group. They seemed to have the best program at the time and I have been really pleased with them. They offer repayment incentives once the loans go into repayment. The highest interest rate that I have right now on my Private Loans is I believe...8.9%, which is right around prime so I don't think it's bad. Next year, I am going for the Federal Graduate Plus loan in lieu of the Private loan because the rate is fixed at 8.5%.

Chitown said...

Thanks a lot ladies. I will definetly be opening an account. With my sister getting married next year and graduation looming, I need to sock away some cash and not touch it. =)