Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lack of Posts…

I am so sorry for the lack of posts. I am actually going postal at the moment. LOL

Finances are struggling a bit but that is somewhat expected with all that is going on. I am making a splurge and going away on a vacation in August. I shouldn’t but I feel like if I don’t take some time away from home, work, school, family, etc…You get the point. LOL I am not going overboard at all and it will actually be a cheap vacation compared to most.

My mother is still in the rehabilitation facility getting stronger after her knee replacement surgery so I have been trying to visit with her as much as possible so she doesn't get lonely up there.

My Uncle was just diagnosed with a very treatable type of throat cancer and was admitted into the hospital on the 4th of July. We almost lost him after complications from surgery but he is stabilized and getting stronger so I have been visiting him in the hospital as well.

My sister got engaged yesterday while vacationing in Jamaica so she will begin wedding planning once she returns. I will be the Maid of Honor, which means of course…Cha Ching!

I have a June financial update and will post it later this afternoon. Thank you for those who have stayed with me despite the lack of posts but there is just too much going on for words. Including Summer Law School Finals. Oh Boy!

4 comments:

mapgirl said...

Good luck with finals if you haven't already taken them. I was wondering where you ran off to. Take good care of your family. :-)

Tired of being broke said...

Good luck with finals.
Wish your mom and uncle a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Whew!!! girl you'd better enjoy your vacation-- Have a margarita for me (if you drink)!

when do you leave?

Chitown said...

Unfortunately I had to cancel the trip to Punta Cana. =(

BTW...I do drink and I am so going to miss my fruity drinks with the umbrellas. LOL

I purchased the travel insurance (Thank Goodness) and will receive travel certificates good for one year. A classmate of mine told me that I needed to be around for possible callbacks following the Job Fair so I freaked out and called to cancel the trip.

I am thinking that I will try to go somewhere in October instead.