Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Interviews Concluded…

Well my interviews are finally over. I had one more today which was actually very encouraging. Two of the advantages that I have are eight years of banking experience and I also know how the bank operates. My clear weakness is the lack of direct legal experience but unless you have specific banking knowledge, other candidates with legal experience will face other but similar challenges.

Actually, another advantage that I have is that I may come cheaper than outside candidates who already work for firms earning significantly higher salaries. I won’t know anything for at least six weeks. Legal will be bringing in candidates in January after the holidays for additional interviews.

At this point, I am definitely aiming and hoping for the junior position. It would mean a nice bump in salary. I am hoping at least a minimum of $90k. With that salary, I will be able to pay both principal and interest on my student loans, save and invest long-term and increase my retirement savings to 10%. In addition, I have a pension which will provide a little more retirement cushion.

3 comments:

Velvet Jones said...

thats some very encouraging news. good luck! when will you know if you got the job or not?

Chitown said...

I won't know anything for at least six weeks. There won't be any more interviews for the next week due to the holiday. Then, they will bring in a few more candidates in January and then make a decision. Hopefully, they will hire me on and I will start working there at the end of February or the beginning of March.

In the meantime, I am going to send out my employment information to as many firms, etc. as possible.

Kas said...

GOOD LUCK!! I just got a job in chicago. It was nerve racking waiting to hear back from the company.