Thursday, December 20, 2007

Too Much Going On…

Ever get the feeling like there is just too much going on? In just the last few days, I received word that my manager’s young son passed away suddenly, my friend and co-worker hauled himself on the first flight out of town because his mom needs immediate heart surgery and my friend’s cousin was just killed in a car accident.

I haven’t had any time off from work since August and we’ve been really busy. I am supposed to have Friday off but I am covering for my co-worker and I am not sure if I will have to scrap my vacation next week to cover him as well if he is unable to return. We had a 4-person analyst team but two weeks ago, one member left to work at a competitor bank and now my co-worker is tending to his mother. That leaves just two of us to handle an entire part of the bank and we are very overwhelmed.

On top of that, I am interviewing, my ex boyfriend of 16 years broke my heart and the thought of spending the holiday without him makes me tear up. I am just so overwhelmed with…everything.

As for my personal finances…let’s just say there is some emotional shopping that is on my credit card at the moment and some much needed purchases like shirts to go under my suits and new winter boots which I haven’t purchased in over 8 years. Right now, the balance is over $1,000 and that just makes me want to crawl into a hole.

5 comments:

Lilo said...

I am sorry to hear about the hard times you are having at work and in your personal life. I hope things will get better for you soon. Have a lovely holiday season just the same with your family and friends.

Anonymous said...

I'm dealing with the broken heart thing as well. My boyfriend and I were together for just over four years. Definitely long enough for him to become a habit. Anyways, just wanted to say that I hope life calms down and that things fall into place for you in 2008. Don't be too hard on yourself - no need to crawl under a hole! But it's totally fine if you need to crawl under the covers and cry. I've been doing that a lot lately!!!

Chitown said...

Thanks guys!

I am feeling a little better today.

SavingDiva said...

I'm sorry to hear about your relationship ending. It would be really rough to have that happen right before Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Just try easystockalerts.com and see..you can customize what kind of news you receive from press releases, insider trades to stories that mention your stock in blogs...so just make money now and sign up for http://www.easystockalerts.com