Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Checking In...

The week is going good. Work is busy but I am managing to remain productive. I enjoyed the long weekend for MLK Day. =)

I did some serious cleaning up this weekend. I threw out soooo much stuff in my office and it's finally clean. Yeah!!! I am in this purging mood so I am throwing away and giving away a lot of stuff. Nothing is really of value to sell so it's good to clear the clutter and bless someone with gently used items. It just makes you feel good.

I am doing well this week with the challenge. I may go over $10 but that's no biggie considering I am under $85 for the month. The biggest expense for the week has been the $80 I decided to spend for a day trip to Lake Geneva next month to ski with my sister, best friend, and brother-in-law. His fraternity puts on this trip every year with the proceeds going to benefit the charity of their choice. I went once about 3 years ago and it's a lot of fun. I already have ski gear so I don't need to purchase anything but the ticket.

Early in the morning, we board buses and head from Chicago to Lake Geneva. We stop off at Gurnee Mills (discount mall) where Great America is also located and shop for about 2 hours. Then we make our way to the slopes for a day of skiing, hot cider and fun. Yeah!!! Looking forward to it because the next day is the Super Bowl and the Chicago Bears may very well be on the field battling for the Championship!!! =)

1 comment:

The Borrower said...

Sounds like a good time. I haven't been to Gurnie Mills in a long time. It's so far from my home.

Go Bears! Beat the Packers!!!!!