Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!!!...

Happy New Year!!!

I am back in the office after taking two weeks for vacation and enjoying every second. I didn't do much but relax and spend time with family and friends. Perfect!!!

I am feeling good about 2011. I believe it's going to be a great year for me and that you are going to see some good improvement in my financial condition. It's time to set some goals!!!

2011 Goals

  1. Use only cash and debit.
  2. Follow Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover plan.
  3. Create and stick to a zero based budget each month.
  4. Keep checkbook properly recorded and balanced.
  5. Read six personal finance books.
  6. Blog at least three times a week.
  7. Stay focused on what I want -- Freedom!!!

What are your goals and resolutions for 2011?

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Those are some totally great goals. I did want to ask, though, why not just straight cash?

I have a couple of reasons for asking, but the most pertinent is that it seems like the idea behind cash is, in part, that it feels real to spend it. Certainly more real than plastic. (Or so they say!)

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Chitown said...

@ Natasha - Hi! The debit is for the ING accrual accounts and for gas. I use cash for food/eating out, groceries, entertainment and personal care (unless I need to buy online).

@ Broke by Choice - Thanks so much!

Caroline said...

Great goals. I want to make a good progress on paying my debt down and the usual, get fit.