Saturday, April 01, 2006

My Vice...

My financial vice is eating out.

With my work and evening class schedule, my days often extend 15-16 hours and I have very little time for cooking. Plus, I need to face it…I don’t know how to cook that well but I am in the process of learning and finding it surprisingly fun.

So in an effort to curb spending on food, I upped my grocery budget so I can get a better handle on this expense. I spent almost $500 alone on lunches and dinners last month and that has to stop. That is at least $200 that can go towards paying off my HELOC or finally starting an investment account.

Today I made both lunch and dinner. (Chitowngirl pats herself on the back) I found that I enjoyed the food much better and I felt good about eating healthier and knowing exactly what was in my meal. Plus, I have enough leftover for breakfast tomorrow. Oh yeah!!!

Wish me well. At least I have good homeowner’s insurance in case I have any kitchen disasters. LOL.

No comments: