Friday, June 02, 2006

Craziness...

To say that my life is crazy is an understatement. To say that funds are low is another understatement. I am in the process of finishing the invitations for my best friend’s wedding shower because I have to get them in the mail by tomorrow. Why does everything have to be so expensive?

$60 - invitations
$25 - postage
$35 - color printer ink

In retrospect, I should have just ordered pre-printed invites. I am tired of learning these lessons. I thought I was making out better by making them myself. I hope the other bridesmaid’s don’t stiff me when it comes down to their contribution towards expenses.

I need to get a handle on this because there are 9 of us and so far, I am the only one doing anything. As the Maid of Honor, I know I have a bigger role to play but come on, won’t anyone call to see what needs to be done? Just ranting...

2 comments:

Andi @ udandi / Lunch It Punch It said...

ugh, reminds me of one wedding where I agreed with help with the expense of the bacheloretter party, but never got an idea of what the two maids of honor were planning on spending until I was socked with a hefty "bill" after the fact. never again!

NewsGirly said...

NINE bridesmaids? Dang.
I have a reverse story. I was a bridesmaid where the maid of honor chose the venue for a co-ed shower, decided it would be open bar, and invited about 1 million people. But she was cheap. She only gave the bar enough money for about 50 drinks. So when the tab came and she was already gone, the rest of us bridesmaids had to split something like a $500-750 tab. This maid of honor also didn't come to a bar with the bridal party late night after the wedding becuase she was too cheap to pay the $10 cover charge. I paid for myself AND the bride.