Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bad Month…

This month’s financial recap is not going to be good. The Bridal Shower for my best friend was nice but it was such an expensive event. The other bridesmaids did not help with the expenses and several did not even attend the shower. Shameful. I am chalking this one up and moving on.

I apologize for the scarce posting. I’ve been very preoccupied with hosting the shower and prepararing for my mom's knee surgery. Financial recap to come this weekend and I will resume more regular posting next month.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being apart of a bridal party is so deadly. My sister will probably get married in the next 2 years and I am thinking of starting to save now for all of the events.

Chitown said...

That would be a great idea! I actually did put aside money for the shower because I had suspected that I wouldn't get any help and I was hosting it at my condo clubhouse. There are so many little things that add up. You purchase nice invitations but then you have to remember postage. You invite the guests then don't forget about the guest Thank You gifts. The list goes on an on but anticipating cost and coming up with a realistic budget is the first step to a stress free and fun time.

Mountain Girl said...

I, too, have been stiffed by bridesmaids! What is with these ladies? I'd send them an invoice & a PayPal payment request! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hope things go better. That's plenty to be on your plate... and your not alone. My June financial plan went pretty badly too!

Anonymous said...

hey, what's been going on lately? How are you?