Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Part-time Job & Roommate Update…

Well, I started the part-time job yesterday. I went in for all day training on the company, sales training and of course they trained us on the register. There were two new full-time associates, four new part-time associates and one new on-call associate in the training. They were all really nice people with their own tale of how they came to join the company. All in all, I am extremely grateful for the opportunity. The new position will add about $300-$400 per month to my cash flow after taxes. This job is a blessing to supplement my income and help me stay within budget.

I am still pursuing the roommate angle but there are no new developments. If I am able to get a roommate then that income will go directly towards debt repayment.

The woman who came to look at my place on Saturday loved it but was looking for a place with more light (I have western exposure). Also, since I only have one garage space, she would be giving up her current garage space where she is renting now. I cannot do anything about the western exposure and lack of morning sunlight but I do get a nice amount of afternoon sunlight. Unfortunately she came on a day when it was gloomy and storming. I told her that she is more than welcome to use my garage space when I am not home which is 2-3 times per week. Her concern is shoveling show at 4:30 in the morning when she heads to work. I cannot blame her since it was also my concern as a single woman. I moved there specifically because it was the only condo complex with an attached garage and it’s an extremely rare find.

So that’s it for now.

No comments: