Monday, November 11, 2013

Vacation...

It's a pretty gloomy day here in Chicago. One of those days when you curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of tea or watch your shows on DVR. I may do a mixture of both today.

I wish I was on a flight to a sunny beach somewhere. That would be amazing. I love love love to travel, feel the warm sun on my skin and get out for a run to take in more of the scene. I love the sound and peace of the ocean. I can almost hear it now as I type. The beach in Ft. Lauderdale was perfect.

I would also love to travel to a spa. I've had my eye on Miraval in AZ for a few years. I like to take breaks from the ripping and running to just be still and at peace. I also love a great massage and I've never had a facial before. It's on my list of things to experience. 

I had a great day yesterday. I got to the early Church service and as always, Pastor Hannah's message was amazing. We have one of the best praise and worship teams in the Country. They're doing something different this month introducing light worship and they brought in the strings to accompany the band and the music stirred the soul. Amazing! Then the Pastor was moved by a line in the song and stirred up the entire congregation and the energy in the place skyrocketed and you could feel the spirit. It's something special to be a part of and I am so thankful to have found a church home after not growing up in the church at all. 

We had a great time together at the chili cook off. I am so thankful my brother-in-law has some great friends with children around my nephew's age. He's an only child so I was just thrilled to see him have kids to play with yesterday and he played hard for about 8 hours straight with no nap! He was ready to fall out! LOL. He's the cutest little kid and he's got such a positive spirit. I love him unconditionally. The rest of us had a great time in fellowship and my parents even stuck around for a few hours. Great time! I am so incredibly blessed! 

I am starting this 21-day meditation challenge today with Deepak Chopra. I think it would be cool to go to the Chopra Center one day for a retreat. I will let you guys know how it turns out. I've tried the challenges before but I never completed one start to finish. I am going to try to make it a daily practice to meditate twice a day for at least 15 minutes. They say the medical benefits of just that small amount of time is measurable especially with stress reduction.  

Have a great day! 


No comments: