Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chest Cold & Cooking Class...

I decided to work from home today. I didn't feel well yesterday at work but I had a jammed packed schedule and I had to kick off a new review that I am leading this quarter. My calendar was open today so I decided to stay home. I just had a terrible sinus headache and a pesky cough. I still have the cough but it's much better and the headache is long gone. Thank goodness. My nephew was running a slight fever with a cough over the weekend and we were playing together so I probably caught something from him. No biggie. I am tough gal.

Cooking

I am looking forward to taking a cooking class with my friend this evening. It's been planned for a few weeks and I am so excited to learn something new...not to mention enjoy some wine and laughter. =) Good friendships are priceless and we always have a blast together.

Cooking more is one of my goals for this year along with working out and doing some traveling. I love to cook but never learned when I was younger. I was too busy playing sports, in clubs and taking honor classes. My Grandmother was an amazing cook and my Mom is as well. The food they know how to cook isn't always the healthiest but it's damn good. lol My Mom has been showing me things here and there and it's just great to learn something new.

My Dad & Nephew

My Dad is healing great from his surgery to get a defibrillator. I stopped by last night to see my Mom and Dad and he's even back to doing some hip hop abs but he can't lift his arms over his head yet. My nephew's school is closed today and tomorrow so I am sure my nephew enjoyed doing his ab work with his Paw Paw. It's the cutest thing to see him try to mirror everything like my Dad and Brother-in-Law and it's really hard to imagine that he's going to turn 5 next month. Time really flies but I am so in love with my nephew. He makes my heart smile just thinking about him and he keeps me young at heart. I laugh and smile so much when he's around. The other day he was giving me my instructions for when I babysit him. His words. "Tee Tee, when you babysit me, you have to cook dinner. Then in the morning, you have to cook me a BIG breakfast!" I almost fell off the couch because he kept going with his instructions. I was like, "I need a pin to write all this down." Too cute.

Well, I hope you guys have a great day. It's so nice to be blogging again. It was nice to take a little break but I missed it here on Windy City Blues to Bliss. Thanks Scooze and ShellyShell for hanging in there with me and for leaving a comment yesterday. =)


No comments: