Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday...

I am so thankful that it's Friday and I can relax and recuperate this weekend. You know those people coughing and sneezing on the train or in closed quarters where you just want to run away?!?! Well that was totally me today. I couldn't even look people in the eye. Praying that I feel better by Monday. Good news is that I called my Mom and she's feeling good. Knowing her, she'll pop over tomorrow to check on me. She's pretty awesome like that and really thoughtful. 

The cooking class last night was so much fun. I ran out of steam around 8:45
but we still had about 15 more minutes of  cooking to do. The menu was crab cakes with a remoulade sauce, chicken and andouille sausage gumbo, and bananas foster bread pudding with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum! Yum! Yum! I learned a lot and it was much easier than I imagined. I didn't get home until about 11pm and my eyes were crossing by the time I said my prayers and climbed into bed. So worth it. I thought about canceling since I caught this virus but I didn't want to let my friend down, we had to give 24 hours notice of cancellation or pay the entire fee and the class was my idea. So, I took some meds and feverishly washed my hands a million times. I can't wait to recreate the recipes. 

They almost got me last night. They used this amazing Le Creuset stock pot for the gumbo and then wanted to offer everyone 20% off anything in the store. I wanted that freaking pot but it was like $280 for the size they used. That sucker had to stay in the store. I'll put it on my wish list and pin it to Pinterest. 

I am a huge huge fan of Pinterest. I have over 7,000 pins (don't judge me...lol). I even set up a private vision board where I pin and upload all the things I want to manifest. So I'll pin the pot to my board to go along with the compact zippy Louis Vuitton wallet. I have a beautiful Louis Vuitton purse but I feel like a purse fraud without having a nice wallet to pair with it. I've been told that I look silly pulling out my $40 smartphone wallet with a $4,000 purse. lol It's totally pinned to my vision board and I'll get it eventually. 

Some of the other things pinned are trips I would love up take to Africa, Italy and Hawaii. Then I pinned things I'd like in a home and even the SUV I would like. Rounding out the pinning is home life stuff I'd like to experience like getting married and having children. Pinterest is a lot if fun. I recommend giving it a try. 

Well the coughing is picking up again so I think I'll take my butt to bed. Have a great weekend and GO BRONCOS!!! I'm a Peyton Manning fan. =)


No comments: