Monday, July 14, 2014

Moving Forward & Back to Work...

Thank you for hanging with me while I enjoyed the best 2 Week Vacation ever! It started out with an impromptu trip to Wisconsin Dells, then enjoyed the 4th holiday with family and a music picnic in the park. I ended with a 5-Day vacation in Punta Cana. I am truly blessed and now I am rested and relaxed.

July has been a very expensive month and my savings will surely be nearly depleted in August but I am okay with it all and at peace with my fresh start. I should have close to $4k at the end of August. I am closing out my time in my current position with the Bank and I start my new job on Aug. 4th. Very excited to move on to bigger and better things.

I am also moving forward with renting out my condo and moving back in with my parents so I can make some real progress with debt repayment. My parents are thrilled to have me and I need the help. They offered to give me space in their home and that is priceless. I am very thankful.

I signed the listing agreement with the Realtor on Friday to lease the condo. They are coming to take pictures tomorrow for the MLS listing and will hold an Open House by the end of the month. She thinks that the unit will rent fairly quickly and that I can get ~ $1,600/month. My mortgage (including taxes), assessments, water and home warranty total ~ $1,325 so the extra will cover a storage unit for my furniture and any $75 deductible needed for home repairs under the home warranty. I have a few repairs to make on the condo and have engaged a handy man already. He came on Saturday and should be back to do the work in the next week.


More to come... =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation. Everybody needs some time to relax and refuel. Punta cana looked gorgeous from the photo. Way to go with the condo! That is *fabulous* news. You're making big steps forward. Keep it coming!! -lawgrad

Chitown said...

Vacation was amazing. I am looking forward to making a small short term sacrifice to live a much better life.