Monday, January 14, 2008

Starting To Cook More…

I am starting to cook more now that I am done with school. I am learning a little each week because I am not a culinary master by any means. I am still learning about my grocery shopping habits and I haven’t mastered how to go into the store and not spend a fortune of stuff I don’t need. But, I am doing better.

I’m still not frugal enough to bring my lunch to work but I keep it reasonable and I don’t buy breakfast or dinner at all. Lately, I’ve been going over to my parents' house for dinner since I am single and they live only 10 minutes away. It’s a good chance for me to spend a little quality time with them throughout the week and although I told my mom she didn’t have to bother, she says it’s no problem. It’s a tremendous savings.

2 comments:

Velvet Jones said...

Ugh! I need to get back into this! I was so good for the past two years. Then the holidays rolled around...I spent too much...not enough for groceries...a vicious cycle. I get paid this week so I'm gonna have to squeak out a little bit for groceries so I can get back to bringing my lunch.

Chitown said...

It's weird...When I pack my lunch, it's always someone who asks me to go to lunch or when lunch rolls around, I don't want what I bring. I can't go and eat outside in 7 degree weather in Chicago and I crave getting out of the office for an hour. So, I go somewhere and get something fast and eat there, read and people watch before heading back. It's a nice break in the day.

I think it's actually cheaper for me too in the long run. Groceries are getting so expensive and I am always coming out with more than I went in to get.