Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TrueCredit Monitoring…

I pay for the TrueCredit 3-in-1 credit monitoring service and received my first alert today. I got an e-mail this morning from my student loan company informing me that my student loans would be entering repayment soon. This is the second tranche (and the largest) of loans to enter repayment 4/2008.

Just a few moments ago, I received an alert from Equifax so I went over to see what was up. Well, Equifax is late in reporting two student loans that I opened in 2006 so my credit score went down just a bit. I am thankful to know that the service is working properly. It is really important to me to keep a clean payment history and I want to be alerted right away when something changes. My sister and mother have both fallen victim to identity theft, I had my wallet stolen once a few years back and sometimes I receive my dad’s mail and vice versa because our names are so similar. The service allows me to sleep a little more comfortably at night.

TrueCredit Monitoring

4 comments:

Kas said...

Do you think paying for credit monitoring? I tried it a few times but never paid for more than a month or two before deciding I didn't need it.

The last time I signed up for a credit monitoring site was so that I could get a free $25 gift card for a 30 day trial. I cancelled witin the 30 days. Still got the $25. :)

Escape Brooklyn said...

Hmm, that's interesting you like the credit monitoring! I always expected it was just another expense most of us didn't need, but it sounds as if it's really valuable in your case.

I also had my identity stolen a few years ago but I placed fraud alerts on my credit reports and also review a free credit report every four months or so. I wonder if the credit monitoring would help further...

Dimples said...

I also use True Credit and I love it. I only pay $11 a month and I have access to all 3 credit reports and credit scores. And the alerts are fast.

Chitown said...

I pay $14.95 per month.

Dimples...you must have gotten it when it was cheaper. I'm jealous. =)