Thursday, February 14, 2008

Interview Update…

My interview yesterday went well. The hang ups that the guy had were my lack of banker experience and minimal experience dealing with clients. So, I had to sell myself on my strong ability to interact with people and my strong negotiation skills. I think I did a good job but I have to say that I am a little frustrated with the idea of working for a company for 8 years and having them continue to tell me that I lack experience in one area or another. This is especially the case when the only way I can the experience is to get an opportunity to advance.

I will keep you posted on how it goes but I am off on vacation next week. While I am off, I will be applying all over the city for jobs in the area and just mass sending out info to firms.

3 comments:

Escape Brooklyn said...

Enjoy your time off! =)

SavingDiva said...

Good luck with the job hunt!

A. Marigold said...

Maybe it's time to move on. They're holding back your growth in more ways than one.