Thursday, May 24, 2007

Forbearance Application Approved…

The forbearance for my consolidated student loans has been approved by Access Group. I have to say, I have been very pleased with Access Group as my student loan lender. So far, they get an “A” in my book.

I called yesterday to confirm that the forbearance was approved and also spoke the customer service representative about loan consolidation. Since my federal student loans for my last year are already fixed at 6.9%, I can perform a separate consolidation for those loans in January and extend repayment from 10 years to 15years. While it is my hope to eventually accelerate loan pay down, the immediate relief would be nice while I tackle higher interest private loans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on the graduation. Don't worry about that pesky bar exam. I heard those low passage rates are just a lie and everybody really passes on the first try :)

I'm not much of an expert anymore since the change in the federal loan program a while back, but I do remember hearing something about new consolidation loans being variable interest rate loans. Make sure you find out whether the rate is fixed or variable on the federal consolidation loan before going forward.

And be sure to let me know if I'm way off with this comment!

The Big Saver said...

Congrats! I recently did the same thing only I consolidated with a different lender. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be too!

Chitown said...

Laws...I think you're right.

All of my loans for my last year are federal and the good thing is that those are all fixed so it doesn't really make sense to consolidate anyway. =)