Monday, July 12, 2010

Status Report & Interview Update…

Happy Monday!!!

I am exhausted right now and I don’t know why at all. I got a decent amount of sleep last night too. It must be my diet which has consisted a lot of McDonalds over the past few weeks. The dollar menu is my friend.

The interview this morning went pretty good. I spoke to the recruiter afterwards and he said I was up against some pretty tough competition for the job with gentlemen that have 10+ years of experience in Loan Workout. I only have 2 years but he felt like my law degree and 10 years of Banking experience were a plus on my side so we’ll see.

He and I also spoke briefly about being more proactive in terms of looking for other workout positions. His company works with a lot of mid to large banks so he said he would be more than willing to help me in my efforts to find another position elsewhere if this particular position failed to work out. I should know something by the end of the week or early next week.

Below is my status report for July. I decided to use my budget for the rest of 2010 instead of adjusting it for one-off expenses like my annual home insurance premium and quarterly water bill that were due this month. I plan to save/accrue monthly going forward for these committed expenses.



Utilities: Going forward I will accrue $40/month for my quarterly water bill. It usually ranges between $100-$110/quarter although it was low at $92 this time around.

Transportation: This committed expense will now be charged to my rewards credit card monthly along with utilities.

Miscellaneous: My annual premium this year for my home insurance was $220. Going forward, I will save/accrue $20/month in a savings account to pay this annual expense. It is lumped in miscellaneous this month. I also have to pay $50 this month for my annual family reunion dues. I will write that check out this week and mail it off.

I worked a lot last week with the holiday so I expect to earn another ~$150 direct deposit this week from my part-time job. So far, so good.

No comments: