Friday, July 09, 2010

Weekend Plans & Interview...

Weekend Plans:

What are your weekend plans? I don't have any immediate plans. I only have to work at the part-time gig on Saturday from 2:30-8:30pm. The rest of the weekend is free. Thank goodness. =)

Interview:

I have an initial interview on Monday morning with another bank doing the same thing I do now in loan workout. I think the job could have good salary potential in the $90k-$100k range but it's at a smaller community bank. Unless you've been under a rock, there is always danger and risk with banks in the current economic environment. My current employer is one of the most stable banks in Chicago. While I love the company and I like the work and my coworkers a great deal, my superiors refuse to bring my salary up to market. I'm still cheap labor.

I've spent my entire career with one company...it may be time for change.

*** On a side note, I got paid $155 today from the part-time job.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you on both fronts. $155 to put to your debt and way to go on the interview. If you're offered the new job for more money, you may be able to turn that into a raise at your current job. Or, as you said, it may be time to start somewhere knew. There is nothing worse than being a good employee and not being appreciated. GOOD LUCK ! ! !

Unknown said...

Best of luck on your interview! I agree completely with what Zuzu said about either using it as leverage or simply moving on.

As for weekend plans, my paralegal's bachelorette party is this weekend, and that's about all. Trying to figure out new nail polish colors to wear for it, lol. Have a great one!

The Borrower said...

After reading you for a while, I would much rather you get a job in your educational area, but this could be good too. Make sure (I'm sure you already know and did) you check to see if the interviewing bank is on the federal watch list.

I guess the part time is not so bad this weekend with only 6 hours. Maybe they just overloaded you with hours in the beginning for training and assessment.

DreamChaser57 said...

Best of luck with the new prospect-be careful not to let lifestyle inflation or creep swallow all of your hard-earned progress.

Anonymous said...

Good idea to go for a better paid banking job because the reality is that you couldnt afford to take an entry level atty position in any event.

Chitown said...

@ Zuzu: I hope to eventually hit the debt harder but right now, the part-time job is just helping keep the budget in check so I don't dip into my savings.

@ Aaren: How was the party?

@ The Borrower: I am still networking and looking for legal positions but it's not a good market for lawyers right now. It is however a decent market for loan workout consultants since there are so many bad/troubled loans right now. That is what I currently do with loan restructures, foreclosures and sometimes hiring attorneys to litigate.

@ DreamChaser: Unfortunately, lifestyle inflation hit me when I wasn't even making the money. Hence, all of the debt. I am working to curtail my lifestyle right now. The part-time job is helping to put things into perspective.

@ Anon: You're right to a certain extent. Unless I can find an entry level position in a mid to large size firm, then I cannot afford the change right now.