Monday, October 23, 2006

Neighbor Sold Condo…

Good news. My neighbor sold his 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo for $155k…100% of the asking price.

I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath that I purchased for $129k almost 3.5 years ago and he purchased 6 months after me. I currently value my condo at $150k so I think that after I sell my place, I can definitely net at least $50k in equity since my mortgage balance is down to $98.6k and I don’t plan to move for another 3 years. This money can go towards a new home purchase or the pay down of my student loans. Oh yeah!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you located in Chicago or the burbs? For the amount of condo you have, you're looking at $300K on the north side of Chicago.

mapgirl said...

Good for you! :-) I'm sure that will help with your school tuition bills or buying the next place. :-D

Chitown said...

I am in the burbs out south. The closer to the City, Downtown or Near North, my place would easily be $300k-$400k. It is the same old story of proximity to the city and historically racially mixed neighborhoods not having as high a market value.