Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 2006 Recap…

I am beginning to loathe these recaps but only because of MY bad financial behavior. I can deal with large expenses like tuition payments, new tires for my car or something like that but it’s my discretionary spending that is out of control. It is this blog that lets me know just how much!!!

Okay, here goes…

Snapshot:

  • Blew through cash reserves
  • 401k rocked this month
  • Car value holding steady
  • Still trying to deposit $100/month into savings
  • Student loan interest is killing me
  • Probably need to revalue my condo - neighbor sold 2bd/2ba for $155, I have a 3bd/2ba
  • Opened WaMu high interest bearing online savings account – 5% current APR
  • Withdrew ShareBuilder bonuses and transferred to ING – Moving ING funds to WaMu on November

Major Expenses:

  • Quarterly Water Bill - $110
  • Bar/Bri Prep Program - $170
  • Car Tires and Brake Repair - $870

Next Month:

  • Watch discretionary spending closely
  • Move $2-3K into WaMu savings account – waiting for checks and debit card
  • Pay for my trip to my sister’s wedding – need to get this secured and out of the way
  • Pay for passport
  • Pay $250 deductible for car repair

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a bad October when it comes to the bottom line. I obliterated discretionary spending... and I'm on track to do the same thing again this month. Mostly, it's unexpected expenses that are messing me up, but I am trying to stay positive as I navigate these waters.

Anonymous said...

If you own stocks then you can't afford to get news later than everyone else. Try easystockalerts.com for a week and you'll see what I mean. There is no fee and no spam...so make money now and sign up for easystockalerts.com