Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Waiting Period for Purchases…

Tricia over at Blogging Away Debt (great blog by the way) uses a 90-day rule when making purchases. In the end, waiting the 90-days kept her from purchasing a new LCD TV. I like the idea a lot especially since I am a serious impulse buyer.

So here goes…I am going to try a 30-day waiting period. Hopefully, I will be able to increase this to 60 days and eventually 90 days. In the end, I can try to save for whatever it is that I want during this waiting period.

I mulled the purchase of my new PDA/Cell phone for about 6 months before I purchased it and I am very happy with it. But by waiting the whole 90 days, I could have easily set aside $100/ month for the purchase and it wouldn’t have hit my pockets so hard. Plus, you never know if the urge to buy whatever will go away, if you will find something else that’s cheaper or if the item will go on sale.

Thanks Tricia!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I hope it works well for you :)