Tuesday, August 22, 2006

No More Credit Cards…

September will mark the first month that I don’t use credit cards. I am a bit leery about my plan but I will try it out nonetheless. I still have to pay for books and I will have to do that sometime this week. It should be to the tune of approximately $500. My net worth is going to take a mighty big hit this month with a tuition payment of about $11,500.

Job update: No job so far. I received a rejection call and rejection letter from 2 employers I interviewed with at the Job Fair. One firm even spelled my name wrong. Addressed me as Mr. Chitown instead of Ms. Chitown. Small mistake but still a slight smack in the face when you are already rejecting me. What does that mean? More motivation to get a better job at a better firm and make an even larger contribution to the practice of law.

Hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

Denise Mall said...

I know you are going to find that position that is right for you. Keep positive. You are a unique and special person with a lot to offer the world.

Chitown said...

Wow D...Thank you so much for the encouragement and support. I really needed it and it came at the right time. You're all right with me. =)

mapgirl said...

Good luck on the job hunt. It sounds like it's still early in the year. Plenty of time left!

Good luck on trying not to use your credit card in Sept. That's a good one. If I wasn't traveling 2x out of town, I might give that a whirl. As it is, I'm just happy to try and focus on paying only by debit card.