Wednesday, August 16, 2006

On Vacation...

I am on vacation this week and it is the first time without work and school since March. I really needed this break. The Job Fair on Friday went well. I went in with the attitude that I have nothing to lose and that managed to soften my nerves.

I am working out a financial plan for the rest of the year right now. I established automatic savings with ING to deposit $100/month and will look sometime at the beginning of the year to double that amount.

For now I just want my CC/HELOC paid off by the end of February, to land a good paying job for next year, to work out a feasible budget that does not include credit cards, and to start my new job in September with $20k in savings. I know it is ambitious, but with my bonus, tax return, and tuition reimbursement, I should manage. We’ll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly. You did have nothing to lose. Interviews can't really take anything away from you, but can only give you something if they go well. And they will always give you more interviewing experience, which I have learned is VERY important.

I went in with the same "nothing to lose" attitude and it went very well. I'm sure you will get loads of callbacks. So many, in fact, that you may not be able to sleep during the month of September.