Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Graduation Gift Update…

My mom and dad gave me a beautiful card along with their $2,000 graduation gift yesterday. I deposited it today into my account and will immediately transfer $1,500 to my savings account to bring it back to $11k. I don’t have any cash in my checking accounts so I am going to keep the remaining $500 there but I am still keeping a watchful eye on spending.

As for Christmas, I have $416 saved in petty cash: $200 from graduation gifts and $216 from singles. At the end of the day, I take out any remaining $1 bills from my wallet and save them as petty cash. The account has grown over the past few months and it is a rather painless way to try to save some money. This petty cash fund is earmarked for Christmas spending. I have a $500 budget for Christmas so there is only a slight shortfall.

I am in the process of applying for law positions. It seems like the majority of postings are for lateral attorneys with over 2 years of experience but I am not giving up hope or the search. I also joined a number of bar organizations which are going to provide the opportunity to network.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

Good luck with the job search!