Monday, October 01, 2007

I Passed the Bar Exam…

OMG…I passed the IL Bar Exam!!! I passed the exam the first time with just 3 weeks to completely devote to studying. I am finally a lawyer!!!

The bar exam results were posted this morning on the website. I forgot the paper at home with my exam number on it so my mom went over to my place to get it for me. I told her that the number that I remember was on the website but I just want to match the numbers to be sure. I told her that I could wait until I got home but well…she couldn’t. (LOL) She and my dad went over to my place and got the paper right where I told them it would be and she called me with the number. I immediately looked on the website and saw my exam number right there. I PASSED!!!

My mom was so excited. As the website was coming up, she kept repeating my exam number over and over. I was smiling and half laughing at her nervousness. I told her my number was there and that I passed and she just screamed with happiness. My dad got on the phone and he just started crying he was so happy and proud of me. It feels good to make them proud. He said, “You’re the best. Someone has to be a princess.” Can you tell I am Daddy’s little girl?

It’s been such an amazing year for my family. My mother retired after teaching for 37 years, I graduated from law school, my sister got married, I passed the bar, and my grandmother is still healthy and happy at age 84. I just feel enormously blessed and charged for the future!

Chitown, Esq. =)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

[i'm just a random blog reader who has commented once or twice but i'm really happy for you!]

Chitown said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a random reader and I don't comment too much on anyone's blogs but I had to say Congrats to you. Life is super tough sometimes and it's great when things are going well. It seems you are very appreciative of these good times and I'm really happy for ya!

Single Ma said...

THAT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Now can I get a free consult? LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is huge! Congratulations! I've been reading your blog for a little while now and enjoy it.

Again, congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is so awesome! I am so happy for you! Congrats!!!!! :)

mapgirl said...

fantastic!

Dimples said...

OMG! God is good! So good. Look at you. I know your mind has to be racing a mile a minute. As soon as you land that 6 figure dream job you can get going on your financial goals.

calgirlfinance said...

Wow! Congrats! What kind of lawyer do you want to be?

Escape Brooklyn said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome and you did such an amazing job!

Chitown said...

Thank you for all the Congrats! I appreciate it!

I didn't specialize but I have a strong interest in either commercial litigation/bankruptcy or commercial real estate.

I majored in economics at Northwestern and I’ve been in finance for the past 7 years.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Chitown, Way to go! Digital high five!

Ms.T said...

Congratulations!!!

Ms. M&P said...

Oh wow! Congratulations! Reading this actually made me tear up a little!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!

when i just posted that i passed the PA bar, single ma told me about you. just wanted to share in your joy!

Tired of being broke said...

Congrats. I was about to mention Sintah Ant also, but I see she already commented.

I can only imagine the looks on your parents faces as they were talking to you.

Anonymous said...

Immigration Law, Criminal Defense, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury Law, and Divorce Law.

Because of the firm's varied nature, the lawyers of Shepelsky & Associates provide advice and expertise in multiple disciplines, therefore giving our clients more value for each dollar spent on legal fees.

Shepelsky & Associates's continued pledge -- to deliver the highest quality of legal services with a personal touch -- begins with its lawyers whose shared philosophy of providing high quality legal services to the community at reasonable prices has rocketed the firm to a position of leadership within the New York legal community.
http://www.shepelskylaw.com