Monday, September 17, 2007

Pocket Quicken and Employment Update…

Pocket Quicken:

I am getting the hang of pocket quicken and I am really pleased with the software. While it took a little time to figure it out, it extremely helpful to have my account balances at my fingertips since I transitioned from credit cards to only cash and debit. No more credit cards for me. Since I have money in different accounts, I am able to decipher which account I can use for a particular transaction. Also, now that I have the hang of using the software, the quicken sync process with my desktop takes no more than 5 minutes. Huge time savings!

Just today, I needed cash but I am running low on it before I get paid again. To avoid ATM fees, I used BoA’s mobile service and transferred funds from my short-term savings to my checking account. Then, I went to the grocery store, did some much needed grocery shopping for cleaning products and also got some cash. I was able to check my Quicken account balances, see which account I could transfer funds from, use my pocket pc to transfer the funds and I was able to one stop shop for groceries and cash. Excellent!

Employment:

I applied for 2 positions at work today. Both positions are for the same job in the same area of the bank. While it isn’t an attorney associate position, it would give me more transferable skills in the short-term until I am able to land a law job. Plus, it is a higher job grade which means more money than I currently make. I will keep you posted on how that goes. As for the bar results, we are closing in on the October 15th date. I think results will be posted in a couple of weeks online. I am nervous but I am excited as well.

No comments: