Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tough News…

This morning my co-worker and I were sitting here having our morning laugh/talk like normal. He is actually my team leader and almost 25 years my senior but he’s a great guy. His mom has been ill for quite some time and she suffered another setback in September. About a half hour ago, his cell phone rang and he got the call that all of us have been dreading. His mom passed away. Thankfully, she was in her 90’s, was receiving hospice care and had a 24 hour caregiver so she wasn’t alone. While we knew it was just a matter of time, it’s still tough. You could tell he loved her very much.

I called my own mother just to tell her “I love you.” Those of you who are blessed to have a parent in your life may want to take the time and do the same.

No comments: