Tuesday, September 04, 2007

August 2007 Monthly Report…

Despite a dip in my net worth, I am actually excited about my finances for the month.

Sister’s Wedding
My sister’s wedding stuff is finally over as of Labor Day weekend. I gave her and my new brother-in-law a nice monetary wedding gift which is reflected in the asset decline. Should I have? Probably not from a financial standpoint but she is my only sibling and it felt right. Besides, of all the weddings I have been in, she took care of a lot of the expenses that the wedding party would have traditionally taken care of. Since I was the only attendant, I was spared a lot but prepared to do more.

Credit Card
I do not have a credit card balance so that is another good thing. The credit card balance was paid off in full so that is also reflected in my financial performance. All of my bar exam/ law school expenses and vacation expenses are now paid for. *** For the last month, I have completely stopped the use of my credit card. I just couldn’t handle it so I took it out of my wallet. I will miss out on some rewards but for the time being, that’s just what I have to do until I get things under control with my spending.

Student Loans
Interest that is being capitalized on my student loans continues to make progress tough. Once they enter repayment in January – April, my net worth will really begin to improve.

Plan
For the time being, I am going to try to sock away some savings so Christmas doesn’t hit me too bad. I have a few leads on job positions so I am going to pursue those as hard as possible. Once I get “favorable” bar results, I will be able to make moves.

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Good luck with the job hunt! When do the bar results come out?

Chitown said...

Thanks for the good luck.

Bar results come back in October. October 15th at the latest. =)