Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Excited…

I just have to say that I am really excited because for the first time in three years since I purchased my condo and started law school, I feel encouraged. I have a positive outlook on the future and good financial plan.

Financially I may not be where I thought I would be at this time in my life (quickly approaching thirty) but I am healthy, I have a wonderful family, I have a home, a job, and I am almost through with law school. I’ve accomplished a lot in the last three years and for that, I need to hold my head up high.

For the past 3 years, I have worked my butt off going to school 4 nights a week while working full time. I even made the Dean’s List last semester. =) I could have taken the easy route and quit working and lived completely off financial aid but I can promise you…the net worth chart on this page would look a whole lot worse. While I stumbled pretty badly along the way…I am still standing and I know things will get better if I continue to work hard and make the best decisions possible.

Staying positive is the best antidote to having tons of debt. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job paying down your debts recently. And I think it's great that you kept working during law school. I have a part time job myself. It pays next to nothing compared to a "real" job, but I rather enjoy having some kind of job. At least it gets me away from the law school for a while, which is very refreshing at times. It also helps that my hours are relatively flexible.

Chitown said...

I was actually lucky enough to have a great manager who worked with my schedule. I have an alternative work arrangement where I work 4 - 10 hour days Mon - Thurs with classes also being Mon-Thurs. So Fri - Sun, I have no work and no class. It helps a lot...A lot!!!

Tiredbuthappy said...

Hey, thanks for the optimistic note. Between a recent death in my partner's family, daylight savings tiredness, wacky east coast weather--I needed to hear that SOMEBODY is feeling excited!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear that you are happy and excited!!! Reading about your financial experiences as a law student and part-timer is super encouraging! Thanks!

(And thanks for the advice you left concerning the wait list post).

--CollegeGrad