Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Slippery Slope…

Eating out for me is a slippery slope. For some it starts with a simple coffee at Starbucks but for me it might start with a snack from the café between classes. Then I start spending a dollar here and a dollar there. I say to myself…it’s just a few bucks. Before I know it, I spent $20 bucks.

So today I spent $4 on snacks…I need to reel it in before it gets out of hand. I would rather use my discretionary money to make a meaningful purchase like a new pair of workout shoes, a small stock investment, or save for a vacation. That is meaningful...not snacks that spend a second on the lips and a lifetime on the hips. LOL.

2 comments:

Single Ma said...

Eating out is one of my biggest problems too. I'z workin on it though. LOL

I cook about 4 to 5 times a week for dinner but I hate leftovers. *shrug*

Chitown said...

I know exactly what you mean by leftovers so I try to make some of my favorite things during the week. Then I don't feel so bad or deprived. =)