Saturday, April 01, 2006

Just Rambling...

It looks like a pretty gloomy day here in Chicago after an absolutely beautiful day yesterday. Spring is on its way and I cannot wait!

I woke up this morning exhausted. I cannot wait for this law school thing to end. Working full-time and going to school part-time is no joke. I get on average about 5 hours of sleep every night. Wowsa!!! So by the weekend, I am trying to log in as much sleep as I can. LOL.

So right now, I am making a grocery list and checking it twice. When I get to the store, I am going to find out if I’m naughty or nice. LOL. I just really hope that I can stick to my budget and what’s on my list. I am trying to think of realistic things to prepare that would be easy to transport to work.

I also need to wash my car this weekend. To cut costs, I am going to drag my vacuum out to the garage and clean it out with the attachments and then spend just $3-5 with my coupon to wash the outside. In Chicago you have to make sure you don’t keep too much salt on your car because it will eat away at the paint. (At least I think that's true. LOL)

So this weekend, I am trying to spend as little discretionary money as possible. I tend to go a little crazy on the weekend but if I really want to keep my spending to my earnings and not use any debt, then my new budget only allows $300 to spend on whatever I want. Now I thought about it...What do I really want? Some new workout shoes, highlights for my hair, and I want to be DEBT FREE. I made it so that any eating out comes from my discretionary money so I have an incentive to stick with the food I buy with my grocery budget and eat at home. With the leftover money, I can either 1) open a Sharebuilder account, 2) open a high yield savings account or 3) allocate it to my home equity line.

I don't have any credit card debt. Outside of my student loans, the only debt I have is my car loan that I’m paying off this month with my savings and my HELOC (never used for personal expense, just the home purchase). So any extra money should go to my HELOC or to savings. I don't want it sitting in my checking account. Dangerous I tell you...Dangerous. =)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!

2 comments:

Single Ma said...

My first time at your spot.

I know exactly how you feel...DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS. lol

After my car is paid off in another year, I'll only have SLs and a mortgage. I figure some debt is ok since the rates are so low, then I'm going to focus more on investing.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I'm going to bookmark your site so I can follow your progress.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Chitown said...

Thanks for checking me out Singlema...I check out your blog almost daily and simply love your take on things. Cheers!!!