Saturday, April 01, 2006

Grocery Shopping…

I just got back from grocery shopping and I was nice and just a little bit naughty. =)

The Grand Total….A whopping $122!!!

I know that seems like a lot but I have to tell you that I am so pleased with my shopping experience. You’ll see why…

I already had frozen chicken breast in the deep freezer but that was it. So I decided to go to Sam’s Club and get all the rest of my meats for the month to add some variety. While there I found that they had frozen salmon individually wrapped. Since salmon was on my grocery list already, I decided this would probably work out more economically and last for several more months. Good find indeed. Also while I was there, I decided to get a few other cuts of meat (steak and pork chops) and immediately came home and individually wrapped them in freezer bags. This will make defrosting and portion control a lot easier. Thanks Rachel Ray for the tip!!!

So all in all, I have meat covered not just for one month but at least two or more. This is definitely a thumbs up for Chitowngirl!!!

I rounded off the remainder of my shopping with soda, veggies for the week, what I need to make cold cut sandwiches, and a few household toiletries. I am so covered it is not even funny. No fast food for me. LOL.

My monthly grocery/household budget is $150. So I still have some money left to purchase fresh veggies, frozen if they go on sale, and/or any other needs. I should make it just fine.

*** I have to say this because I am so tickled. It is already the third day into this month’s budget and I only spent $5 in discretionary money out of $300. Usually, I would have already blown through at least $40 bucks. This blog and is already starting to help. Oh yeah baby!!!

No comments: