Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Applied for New Job…

I bit the bullet yesterday and applied for two new jobs with my current employer. The new positions will allow me to gain additional transferable skills in the area of law. I applied for a junior position and a senior position but I am hoping to get the senior position to challenge myself as much as possible. In terms of qualifications, I am in between what they are requesting. Both jobs are a higher job grade (which means more money) but the junior position prefers a bachelor degree and the senior position prefers a law degree. I have my bachelor degree in economics from a Great school and I am one year away from my law degree so I hope they consider me for the senior position.

I am hoping to get an interview and an opportunity to transfer within the company. This would avoid the need to leave my employer to gain legal experience. Since I want to practice law, I will leave my current job if I have to and seek out clerking opportunities.

Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good-luck!!!!