Thursday, May 25, 2006

Got a Call Back…

Boy do they work fast. I got a call back from Human Resources yesterday to ask me questions about my job application. The call was for the Junior position but that’s okay. The unfortunate part was that the woman asked me for my current salary. Darn. It is not like they don’t already have access to the information since it is my employer. (Sigh!) So I paused and then told her $54k.

I sort of knew that the Senior position was a long shot but it is still attainable especially once I have experience and I complete my degree. In reality I was hoping for somewhere between the midpoint and the maximum salary for the job grade, with the midpoint at $67k and the maximum at $86k. $75k would be lovely for the transition and would afford me sufficient income in the interim to pay down debt, prepare for the arrival of my student loan payments, and try to obtain a higher paying job.

My fingers are still crossed. The woman said she was going to forward my information and application to the hiring manager. That’s good news. I should hear something in the next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know!!! Sounds like that's a position that could give you some wiggle room to grow into. I hope they offer you the senior on!!!

mapgirl said...

I wish you lots of luck with this job! Sometimes asking for your current salary is just filling out a form. Hopefully they make you a good offer because they don't want to lose you. :-)