Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Initiated CC Balance Transfer to Pay Off HELOC…

I decided to go ahead with the balance transfer. I called all of my credit card companies to see what offers were available and saved my favorite and most trusty card for the last call. They came through for me again. I got an offer for 1.9% until February 2007 and I got the transfer fee waived. Yipee!!!

So the current balance of my HELOC at 10.25% will be paid off from the transfer and savings and then I will attack the new balance on the credit card. This should leave me with just over $3,000 in savings, which will be just fine. I certainly plan to have the card paid off by February. If I don’t, the rate on my credit card is still better than my HELOC at the moment and I can always transfer the balance back to the HELOC if necessary. NOT!!! =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Atta Grrrl!

Anonymous said...

Fun isn't it? Make sure you write down the name, date and time of everyone you speak to who makes promises like waiving fees! My exeriences with both Chase and MBNA have been difficult. Not unresolvable, but difficult.

Chitown said...

Thanks Trainwreck!!!

Chitown said...

Great advice LAMoneyGuy!!! I didn't do this but I hope everything will work out okay. If not, the max fee is $75 which won't make me fall down on the floor and throw a tantrum. Well, not exactly. =)

nehanda said...

hi i found your blog through single mama's blog and this is just perfect..congratulations. i have a question what software do you use to show your budget. you have screen shots..

nehanda said...

congratulations on your desire for freedom. what software do you use that you have screen shots for

Chitown said...

Hi Nehanda!!! Thank you for checking out my blog. SingleMa actually helped me out with the screen shots. All you have to do it highlight the cells in excel and click copy. Then go to your Paint program in accessories and click paste. Your image should appear. Then all you have to do is save it as a .bmp or a .jpg and then upload it. Have fun!!!

balancetransfer.citicards.com said...

Chitown thanks for your info.