Monday, November 05, 2007

Christmas Spending/Fund…

Since my family AND boyfriend are amenable to a giftless Christmas, I think that I may be able to pay for the remaining presents with my paycheck. I have one more paycheck before the student loans officially start to kick-in. This means I have $400 free to buy gifts for my little cousins, co-workers, neighbors, etc.

If I am able to do this, that means that I can take the $500 I have saved for Christmas and add that to my regular $300 payment and put $800 towards my credit card debt in December. This would bring the balance down to $7,800 or 69.7% to goal. I plan to put my entire bonus which was $3,400 after taxes last year towards the balance at the beginning of February and my tax return which should be between $2,500 and $3,000. So, I am well on my way to paying off my credit card balance by April 2008.

Excellent! I hope this works out.

5 comments:

SavingDiva said...

It sounds like you've really been planning about how to avoid making Christmas too costly. I need to take a page out of your book.

Chitown said...

Yes definitely. With my sister's wedding this year in Cancun, my graduation from law school, and just regular life, my family is in agreement that we need to curb our spending this year. It helps when everyone is on the same page.

In reality, it's not really about the gift giving but being together. That is a lot more joyful when you don't have to worry about all the additional debt you just incurred.

Anonymous said...

It's great they're open to that. The little ones will appreciate the gifts more anyway. ;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.