Tuesday, November 13, 2007

November 2007 Credit Report/Scores…

While I was visiting my parents on Sunday, my sister called the house and said she was reviewing her credit report and noticed a new account on there with an outstanding balance that she didn’t open. I am happy that my sister is staying on top of her finances and reviewing her credit report regularly.

This phone call prompted me to check on my credit report and scores. I was putting it off until December or next year but I had this nagging feeling so I just pulled it just in case. I am happy to say that everything looks good, all accounts have been handled in a satisfactory manner and my credit scores have improved.

Scores:

Transunion: 749
Experian: 775
Equifax: 729

Room for improvement:

Transunion and Experian:
Installment account balances are too high in comparison with my credit limits.
Too many inquiries on my credit report.

Experian:
Not enough mortgage accounts on my credit report. (I have a first mortgage and second mortgage and it is reported)

Equifax:
Not enough revolving debt experience. (I have 8 open credit cards)
Balances on my bankcard accounts are too high in comparison with my credit limits.
Too many personal finance accounts on my credit report. (I have a lot of student loans)

*** Citibank and Citi/Universal are both shown as closed by the credit grantor/closed due to inactivty. My AMEX rewards card is also shown as closed.

No comments: