Thursday, November 08, 2007

Law Ceremony…

Today I officially became a lawyer. I have my license in hand and I am officially armed with the tools to make a difference. I am so excited. The Admittance Ceremony was short and sweet. It was nice to be surrounded by other students who worked very hard and all of the proud family and friends. My mom, dad and grandmother sat by my side while I stood and swore to uphold the Constitution. It was a feeling that I will never forget.

As a side note, my grandmother, bless her heart, surprised me today with yet another graduation gift. She gave me $150. I tried to respectfully give it back but she said “No, this is what I am going to do. I am so very proud of you and you deserve it.” Trying to tell an independent 84-year old woman what to do is very hard. So, she gave me $150 which I immediately put into my petty cash fund. She will celebrate her 85th birthday in just 3 short weeks so I am going to use some of the funds to get her a nice birthday present since we agreed not to do gifts for Christmas.

Today was a totally amazing day! I finally feel free as a bird!

9 comments:

Single Ma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Single Ma said...

I'm so proud of you Chitown. You've worked extremely hard and today was just one of many rewards to come. Congratulations!

The Bright Side said...

Congratulations on your achievement. Aren't grandmothers wonderful? Such unconditional love. They will do just about anything for their grandchildren. I'm sure this was a proud moment for her and for the rest of your family. You have a lot to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That must have been an amazing feeling. What an accomplishment!

Escape Brooklyn said...

Congrats! I'm totally impressed by all your accomplishments!

Dimples said...

Congrats ma! You deserve everything.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Wonderfully done--I hope it'll be very rewarding. :)

Lilo said...

Congratulations!! You are an inspiration.

Tired of being broke said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!