Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 5...

I had a really great day. I am always better when I'm surrounded by family and love. My condo feels so stale and hollow when it's just me but when my friend comes into town it feels like home. I grew up in a tight knit family so living by myself isn't great. I like my alone time every now and again but then I'm ready for company. One day, he'll relocate to Chicago and Chitown will be a happy lady.

It was another good spending day. We spent the day visiting his family member who is here for cancer treatment. His Cousin is an awesome man with a great sense of humor. He is battling this disease with such a force and spirit that I will never forget. It saddens me when tough things happen to good people but when you see them get knocked down and then get back up and say "now what?!?!", it just shows the strength of the human spirit. If he can fight this battle, surely I can fight the battle against this debt. 

I spent $20 on lunch so I just squeaked over the $100 threshold. Not bad for my first week. 


No comments: