Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 9 Finance & Fitness Journey...

Money & Spending:

Today was NOT a good spending day. I didn't pack breakfast or lunch. I didn't cook dinner. I dropped my phone in the toilet by accident. I think it's still alive but I won't know for another 24 hours if I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a new phone. It's sitting in a bag of rice right now trying to dry out.

Health & Fitness:

I put my scale away until after the race. My focus is on getting a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise daily and to get in longer maintenance runs before the Chicago Half Marathon in less than 2 weeks. I am really trying to push water to help my kidneys so that there is some improvement in my kidney function test when I go back in a month.  Lastly, I am going back to not eating after 6/7 pm which is 3/4 hours before bedtime. That would help tremendously and I would probably sleep better. I've been having some crazy dreams.

Work & Side Work:

Work was good today. I moved on to another review but really enjoyed working on my last review and learning about the agriculture dairy industry. The one thing I like about my job at the Bank is that while the actual work is the same, I get to cross and experience different industries, transactions and banking groups.

I got a call from a friend yesterday about working with him on a few matters he has coming up. If it pans out, he would pay me $50/hour for some legal document review which may lead to other opportunities. I like to think the best of people but I was disappointed when he hired on a paralegal a couple of weeks ago after I offered to do work for him. He did say the paralegal was going more administrative type of work for him right now and will start to do more paralegal type duties in the coming weeks. So perhaps he thought that particular work was beneath me. He is offering me a little more per hour than I originally said I would accept. Who knows. The most important thing is that I figure out the best way to get myself back into the legal game and put my degree and skills to work. Once you have something going, it can snowball and gain momentum.

I am moving forward and doing the things I need to do to put myself in the best position to WIN. 


No comments: