Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 7 Finance and Fitness Journey...

Money & Spending:

Today was a ZERO spend day! I brought breakfast and lunch and a ton of fruit with me to work so I didn't have to spend anything eating out. I am not a big cooker but I came home and made dinner tonight so I have leftovers for tomorrow. I had this funny moment when I knew I was trying to make something I'm not familiar with so I said to myself, you better throw some canned green beans on just in case. lol.

Health & Fitness:

Weighed in at 170 this morning again. Monday and Friday are my off workout days. So, I have to get some exercise in tomorrow and I have to do it either early in the morning or inside because we're expecting high temps in the 90's again.  I wore size 10 pants today.  Although my weight has gone up, I am still fitting in the smaller size pants.  That is a plus for me.  I need to get more consistent with drinking water and getting to bed by 10 o'clock. I will do great one day, so-so another day, and not too great another day. Consistency it key.

Work and Side Work:

I am plugging away at the Bank. We are nearing year end on 9/30 so I am trying to end on a high productivity note before we start doing annual performance evaluations.

I worked a little bit on a basic website for Chitown Law Group last week. I have to get fee agreement letters prepared, order some business cards, work on templates, continue brushing up on the law and explore marking alternatives.  I have a pretty good meeting scheduled next month and I need to develop a pipeline of networking opportunities.  Public speaking is not my thing but I am fairly good in small groups and one on one. Come to think of it, I think there may be a Toastmasters Group here at the Bank. If I join, I may be able to develop my public speaking skills. Note to Chitown to look into Toastmasters!

That's all for me. Since I just started blogging back consistently, I am trying to find out if any of my old pals are out there still blogging and trying to make new friends along the way. =)




No comments: